- Personally Identifiable Information Collected by Pharma GenLabs
During using the Services, You may provide Pharma GenLabs with Your personally identifiable information. “Personally identifiable information” refers to information about You that can be used to contact or identify You and information related to Your use of the Services that may relate to You and identify You (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information that Pharma GenLabs collects may include, but is not limited to, Your first and last name, phone number, email address, home and business postal addresses, including street name and number, city or town and state, and any other information that permits the physical or electronic contacting of an individual. Personal Information will be collected when You fill in forms from or provide information to us, or use the Services. For example, You will provide information to Pharma GenLabs when registering with Pharma GenLabs, subscribing or otherwise using the Software and communicating with Pharma GenLabs. Pharma GenLabs may also ask You for information in conjunction with the Services. Additionally, Pharma GenLabs will collect information from You when You report a problem with the Service.
- Pharma GenLabs Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When You use the Services, the Pharma GenLabs servers will automatically record information that Your browser sends. This information may include, but is not limited to, unique identifiers associated with the computing and/or mobile device, operating system type, Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address, browser type, user session duration, traffic data, location data, search data, transaction data and other communication data.
- How Pharma GenLabs Uses Personal Information
Personal Information is or may be used for the following purposes:
- To create Your account based on information You and/or Health Care Provider contribute
- Provide and improve the Services
- Administer Your use of the Services
- Enable You to enjoy and easily use the Services
- Fulfill Your requests
- Enable Pharma GenLabs to better understand Your needs and interests
- Personalize Your experience with the Services
- Provide or offer Application updates and alterations
- Make product and service announcements
- Provide You with further information and offers from Pharma GenLabs, which may include newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on services and products offered by Pharma GenLabs or its advertising partners
- Engage in research activities
- Conduct surveys, questionnaires, contests and other similar promotions, and provide You with results of such activities
- Create de-identified data
- Collect, process and/or transmit non-protected health information data for purposes of statistical analysis in an aggregated format
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy
- To prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property Pharma GenLabs also uses information obtained by technical means (such as the automatic recording performed by the Pharma GenLabs servers or the servers of Pharma GenLabs agents or contractors or with cookies) for the following purposes:
- Monitor and analyze use of the Services
- Technical administration of the Services
- Enhance the functionality and utility of the Services
- Generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and behavior of Pharma GenLabs users, and to verify that users of the Services meet the criteria required to process user requests
- Monitor and analyze the security of the Services and perform oversight activities Information collected by Pharma GenLabs in carrying out the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country in which we or our affiliates or agents maintain facilities. By using our Services, You expressly consent to any such transfer of information outside the United States.
Non-personally identifiable information may use and share with third parties. Pharma GenLabs also may de-identify personally identifiable information (remove information that could be used to identify a person) and share it in aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and business partners to analyze usage, demographics or interests, improve our products or services, improve user experience, or for similar purposes. Pharma GenLabs will not re-identify such data and will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
Pharma GenLabs Users:
- Pharma GenLabs may use and disclose Your information, including Personal Information, pursuant to Your authorization
Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Service Providers, Business Partners and Others:
- Pharma GenLabs may disclose Your Personal Information to its subsidiaries and affiliates
- Pharma GenLabs may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services, or any portions of them, to provide the Services on Pharma GenLabs behalf, to perform related services (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of the Services’ features) or to assist in analyzing how the Services are used
- These third parties will have access to Your Personal Information only for purposes of performing these tasks on Pharma GenLabs behalf and will be bound by contractual obligation to keep Personal Information confidential
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement:
- Pharma GenLabs cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with applicable law
- Pharma GenLabs will disclose information about You to government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent that Pharma GenLabs has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Pharma GenLabs or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity that Pharma GenLabs may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable
- Pharma GenLabs may disclose aggregated information about its users and information that does not otherwise identify users or user devices without restriction
- Pharma GenLabs may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy
- Pharma GenLabs may share Your Personal Information in any case where Pharma GenLabs will reasonably believe that sharing Your information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property
- Changing or Deleting Your Account Information
To request a change or deletion to Your account, You can send an email Pharma GenLabs support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing Your request. Please note,
Pharma GenLabs may not accommodate Your request to the extent that it believes the requested change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Certain Personal Information is required to continue providing You the Services. If You request Pharma GenLabs to delete these details, Your access to Pharma GenLabs Services may be interrupted.
Except as required by law, Pharma GenLabs will not use or disclose Your Personal Information for any purpose for which You withdraw Your consent. Regardless of whether You withdraw such consent, You agree that Pharma GenLabs may continue to use Your Personal Information previously provided or collected to the extent that such use or disclosure is necessary for Pharma GenLabs to comply with its contractual and/or legal obligations and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations You may have to Pharma GenLabs.
- Your Choices about Pharma GenLabs Collection, Use and Disclosure Practices
Pharma GenLabs recognizes the importance of confidentiality and an individual’s authority to make decisions about the privacy of his or her Personal Information. As such, Pharma GenLabs provides its users with choices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information they contribute to Pharma GenLabs, which include:
- Device Location Information. You can choose whether to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about Your device’s location by opting out of such functionality. If You block the use of location information some Services functionality may be inaccessible to You or fail to function properly.
- Promotion by Pharma GenLabs. If You do not want Pharma GenLabs to use Your e-mail address or other contact information to promote its own or third parties’ products or services, You can opt-out of such communications by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising by Pharma GenLabs. If You do not want Pharma GenLabs to use Your information to deliver advertisements per the target-audience preferences of Pharma GenLabs and third party advertisers, please exclude or request removal of such information from Your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If You do not want Pharma GenLabs to share Your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, please exclude such information from Your user account; please note, however, that Pharma GenLabs does not control third party collection or use of Your information to serve interest-based advertising.
Pharma GenLabs implements commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical controls to secure Your Personal Information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage or loss of Personal Information, or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of Personal
Information. Please note, however, that although Pharma GenLabs strives to best protect Your Personal Information, the security measures are unable to provide absolute protection. Therefore, Pharma GenLabs does not guarantee the absence of, and You cannot reasonably expect that the Services will be immune from, any wrongdoings, malfunctions, abuse, misuse, unlawful interceptions or unauthorized access.
The security of Your Personal Information also depends on You. For example, Pharma GenLabs requires unique user identification and password authentication prior to accessing the Services. As a user, it is also Your duty to protect the confidentiality of Your user identifier and password. Pharma GenLabs requests that You not share Your user identifier or password with anyone, for any reason.
Any transmission of Your Personal Information by You is made at Your own risk. Pharma GenLabs is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures it provides.
- Children’s Privacy
The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. Pharma GenLabs does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors, including children under 13 years of age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Pharma GenLabs with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact Pharma GenLabs at email@example.com. If Pharma GenLabs becomes aware that it has collected or received personally identifiable information from a minor without verification of parental consent, Pharma GenLabs will delete such information from its files and terminate the account.
- Links to other Services
The Services may contain links to other websites or applications that are not owned or controlled by Pharma GenLabs is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or applications and encourages You to read the corresponding privacy policies.
- Data Retention
Pharma GenLabs will retain Your information for as long as Your account is active or as needed to provide You with the services and as required to comply with any legal obligation, to resolve disputes and to enforce Pharma GenLabs agreements. If You wish to cancel Your account or request that Pharma GenLabs no longer use Your information to provide You the services, please contact Pharma GenLabs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (330) 953-1093.
- California (USA) Privacy Rights – Notice to Residents of Compliance
California law requires that Pharma GenLabs provide You with a summary of Your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“California Privacy Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services who are residents of California to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information by Pharma GenLabs to third parties for direct marketing purposes and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an-mail to Pharma GenLabs at email@example.com and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. The body of the California Privacy Request should include the domain name of the website You are inquiring about as well as Your personal contact information (e.g., Your name, address and email address). Pharma GenLabs support staff will respond to Your request within thirty (30) days of its receipt of such a request.
Continuing to use the Services after such changes take effect indicates Your acceptance of the amended policy. If You do not agree with any of the amended terms, You must avoid any further use of the Services.
- MEDICAL DISCLAIMER
Pharma GenLabs does not offer medical advice or diagnoses or engage in the practice of medicine. The Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and are offered for informational and communication purposes only.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DECISIONS YOU MAKE OR ACTIONS THAT YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS TRANSMITTED OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, SOFTWARE, AND/OR SERVICES. RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION, DOCUMENTATION OR MATERIALS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
IF THIS IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY IN THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL EMERGENCY PERSONNEL (911) TO GET PROMPT MEDICAL ATTENTION. IF SUCH MEDICAL EMERGENCY OCCURS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE
IMMEDIATELY CALL THE APPLICABLE EMERGENCY PERSONNEL NUMBER TO GET PROMPT MEDICAL ATTENTION. DO NOT RELY ON ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FOR ASSISTANCE IN REGARDS TO AN IMMEDIATE, URGENT MEDICAL NEEDS. PHARMA GENLABS EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT DESIGNED TO FACILITATE MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. PHARMA GENLABS CANNOT GUARANTEE RESPONSE TIMES IF YOU CHOOSE TO EMAIL PHARMA GENLABS IN THE EVENT OF A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.
We are required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) to maintain the privacy of health information about you (“Protected Health Information” or “PHI”), and to notify you of our legal duties and privacy practices in relation to your Protected Health Information. This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) is given in accordance with our obligations under the HIPAA, and in compliance with the HIPPA regulations setting forth the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, (“HIPAA Privacy Standards”). We are required under these HIPAA Privacy Standards to abide by the terms of this Notice.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
To provide you with laboratory services, we will receive your Protected Health Information from your healthcare provider or another laboratory that asked us to test your sample. The HIPAA Privacy Standards require us to protect any health information that will identify you, such as your name, Social Security Number, telephone number, email address, mailing address, date of birth, or dates of service. We protect this information regardless of the form in which we receive it (e.g. oral, written, or recorded in another media).
Allowable Uses or Disclosures of Your Protected Health Information Without Authorization
- The HIPAA Privacy Standards allow us to receive and disclose your Protected Health Information for routine purposes without first obtaining your authorization or giving you an opportunity to object. These routine uses include disclosures necessary for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations purposes. Each of these purposes is explained below.
- Treatment: When we receive a request for laboratory services by your healthcare provider or a referring laboratory, it may contain your name, age, and other identifiable information. The disclosure of this information to us is considered treatment, as is our subsequent disclosure of the laboratory results to the referring laboratory or your healthcare provider.
- Payment: We may legitimately use and disclose your Protected Health Information to seek payment for services we provide for you. For example, we may send your information to a billing service to file claims for us with health plans, billing collection agencies or other payers.
- Healthcare Operations: We may disclose your Protected Health Information as part of our internal operations to maintain the high quality of our laboratory services and to keep our organization operable. For example, we may use or disclose Protected Health Information for quality assurance, accreditation and certification, licensing, or credentialing activities.
- The HIPAA Privacy Standards specify certain other non-routine circumstances where we may legally use or disclose your Protected Health Information without your consent. More information about these circumstances is set out below.
- Required by law: We may disclose your Protected Health Information when we are required to do so by law pursuant to a judicial or administrative proceeding (court or administrative orders, subpoena, discovery request or other lawful ) In the case of a discovery request, we will not disclose the information unless we are satisfied that you have been given notice of the request and have not objected, or the party seeking the information obtains an order protecting the information from further disclosure.
- Personal Representatives: We may disclose Protected Health Information about you to your authorized personal representative, as defined by applicable law, or to an administrator, executor or other authorized person responsible for your estate.
- Minors: As permitted by federal and state law, we may disclose Protected Health Information about minors to their parents or guardians.
- Disclosures to Business Associates: We may disclose your Protected Health Information to other companies or individuals who need your information to provide services to us. For example, we may use another company to perform billing services on our behalf. Our business associates are required to protect the privacy of your Protected Health Information. To protect the information that is disclosed, each business associate is required to sign an agreement whereby they agree to appropriately safeguard the information and not to disclose the information unless specifically permitted by Upon your request and unless otherwise required by law, we will not release, and our business associates will not release, to a health care plan or insurance company PHI related to specific services that were self-paid for in full by cash, credit card, money order or check.
- Public health: As required by law, we may disclose your Protected Health Information to public health or legal authorities and other entities charged with preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability. We may also disclose Protected Health Information for health oversight activities, such as audits, investigations, inspections and licensure activities. For example, we may disclose your Protected Health Information to agencies responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules of government health programs such as Medicare or Medicaid.
- Research: We may disclose Protected Health Information to researchers in connection with a study, if an institution’s review board (a committee that reviews the ethics of research projects) has reviewed the proposed study and established protocols to ensure the privacy of the Protected Health Information to be used in the study, and has determined that the researcher does not need to obtain your authorization prior to using your Protected Health Information for research purposes.
- Organ procurement organizations: We may disclose Protected Health Information consistent with applicable law to organ procurement organizations or other entities for the purposes of tissue donation and transplant. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”): We may disclose to the FDA Protected Health Information relating to adverse events with respect to product defects, and may post marketing surveillance information to enable product recalls, repairs, or replacement.
- Workers compensation: We may disclose Protected Health Information to the extent authorized by, and necessary to comply with, laws relating to workers’ compensation or other similar programs established by state law. These programs provide benefits for work-related injuries or illness.
- Correctional institution: If you are an inmate of a correctional institution, we may disclose to the institution or its agents Protected Health Information necessary for the health and safety of other individuals.
- Disclosures to Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors: We may disclose Protected Health Information to coroners or medical examiners for identifying an individual, determining cause of death or other duty authorized by law.
- Law enforcement: We may disclose Protected Health Information for law enforcement purposes as required by law. We may also disclose Protected Health Information to appropriate agencies if we believe there is the possibility of abuse, neglect, or domestic
- Genetic Information: Genetic information is considered health information and may be used and disclosed by us in the same fashion as other medical information may be used and disclosed, as described in this Notice. However, health plans are restricted as to the uses or disclosures that they may make with respect to your genetic information.
- Military and Veterans: If you are or were a member of the armed forces, we may release medical information about you to military command authorities as required by law. We may also release medical information about foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority as required by law.
- Health Oversight Activities: We may disclose medical information about you to governmental, licensing, auditing and/or accrediting agencies for activities authorized by
3. No Other Uses and Disclosures Without Authorization
Certain uses of your medical information, such as the use or disclosure of or access to psychotherapy notes or use or disclosure for marketing purposes, are prohibited without your express authorization. We also cannot sell your health information without your permission. Except as otherwise permitted or required under this Notice, we do not use or disclose your PHI without your written, express authorization. When we use your PHI with your authorization, we will only use or disclose it only in a manner consistent with the terms of that authorization. You may revoke the authorization to use or disclose any Protected Health Information at any time, by writing to the Privacy Officer listed at the bottom of this Notice, unless we have already acted under that authorization. If you revoke your permission, we will no longer use or disclose medical information about you for the reasons covered by your written authorization. We are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your permission. We will retain our records of the care provided to you as required by law.
- Research: Except as provided above, we may disclose Protected Health Information to researchers in connection with a study, if an institution’s review board has reviewed the proposed study and established protocols to ensure the privacy of the PHI to be used in the study and if you have signed an authorization that permits use of medical
- Communications about our Products and Services: We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information to contact you about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, only if you have signed an authorization that permits use of medical information.
- Under the HIPAA Privacy Standards, you or your authorized designated personal representative have certain rights with respect to your Protected Health Information. As a clinical laboratory, we are also governed by the Clinical Laboratories Improvement Amendments (“CLIA”) Pursuant to CLIA, Pharma GenLabs does not, as a matter of practice, deal directly with Our contact for PHI is usually your healthcare provider or another clinical laboratory that ordered the specific testing.
- Please note that CLIA allows laboratories to disclose PHI including test reports directly to a patient in both hard copy and electronic version. We may inform the patient’s healthcare provider of any request for PHI made and filled by Pharma GenLabs.
- We will accommodate requests for PHI from our healthcare provider clients and/or patients, if legally permissible. Your rights are listed below.
- Right to Inspect and Copy Personal Health Information: You have the right to request a copy of your Protected Health Information as we have received it.
- Right to Receive Personal Health Information via Confidential Communications: You have the right to request that we communicate with you about your Protected Health Information by alternative means or to an alternative address. Your request must be in writing and must specify the alternative means or location. We will accommodate reasonable requests for confidential communications.
- Right to Receive this Notice of Privacy Practices: You can request and receive a free copy of this Notice in printed or electronic form, by contacting our Privacy Officer listed at the bottom of this Notice.
- Right to Request Restrictions or Limitations on Use or Disclosure: You can request restrictions or limitations on certain uses and disclosures of your Protected Health Information. We are not required to agree with the request. If we do agree, we will not violate that restriction except when required by law. However, if you pay for your treatment in full, you have the right to restrict, unless otherwise prohibited by law, the disclosure of your medical information to your insurance company or health plan in connection with the services that are paid for in full by you and we must abide by your request in such circumstances.
- Right to Amend Protected Health Information: You can request that we amend your Protected Health Information or your clinical record. The HIPAA Privacy Standards provide that we can deny the request for amendment under certain specified circumstances. If we do deny your request to amend, we will explain to you why, and explain your rights to seek review of that decision, if required under the HIPAA Privacy
- Right to Receive an Accounting of Disclosures of Protected Health Information: You can get a written accounting of all of our disclosures of your Protected Health Information made by us or our business associates for purposes other than treatment, payment, healthcare operations and certain other activities. Your request must be in writing and made to our Privacy Officer. If such disclosures are made through an electronic health record, you have the right to receive a list of these types of disclosures as well. Unless you designate a shorter period of time, the list will include disclosures made within the prior six years, provided, however that with respect to disclosures through an electronic health record, the period is no longer than three (3) years. You may receive one free accounting in any 12-month period. We may charge you for additional requests.
- Right to Complain: We are committed to complying with the privacy practices described in this Notice. If you believe that we have violated any of them, you may file a complaint with us and/or with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil To file a complaint with us, please send a letter to the Privacy Officer listed at the bottom of this Notice. We will not retaliate in any way if you file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights or with us.
- Right to Notice of a Breach: You have the right to be notified of a data
- We may amend this Notice from time to time, provided such amendments are permitted by applicable Notice of any such amendments will be announced on the websites and will be effective immediately, unless we state otherwise. You should review the websites regularly to obtain timely notice of any such amendments.
- If we amend this Notice, we may make the amended Notice terms effective for all Protected Health Information that we maintain, including any information created or received prior to issuing the amended Notice.
- You may also request a copy of the current Notice by contacting our Privacy Officer listed at the bottom of this Notice.
Contacting our Privacy Officer
8170 South Ave. #3
Youngstown, OH 44512
Phone: (330) 953-1093
Fax: (330) 330-8870